Steps to Powder Coating
- Pretreatment and Washing -Pretreatment system ensuring a long lasting, high quality finish
- Application of Powder to Materials – Check your substrate for unwanted defects that would keep us from producing the best powder coated finish available.
- Curing Process – Test adhesion, cure and data pack ovens to maximize product performance
- Finished Products – Advise you of the proper processes required to give you the best quality finish
- Delivery of Products – Personally inspect and pack all powder coated products to minimize shipping damage and insure satisfaction
Powder coating is an advanced method of applying a decorative and protective finish to a wide range of materials and products that are used by various industries and consumers. The powder used for the process is a mixture of finely ground particles of pigment (color) and resin (protective finish), which is sprayed onto the surface to be coated. The materials to be coated are electronically grounded to attract the charged powder particles that adhere to the surface. After being heated in a curing oven the powder fuses into a durable and protective coating. The result is a uniform, high quality, and attractive finish. Powder coating is the fastest growing finishing technology in North America, providing numerous industrial applications for all forms of materials and products.
Powder coating is a dry finishing process that has become extremely popular since its introduction in North America over in the 1960s. Representing over 15% of the total industrial finishing market, powder is used on a wide array of products. More and more companies specify powder coatings for a high-quality, durable finish, allowing for maximized production, improved efficiencies, and simplified environmental compliance. Used as functional (protective) and decorative finishes, powder coatings are available in an almost limitless range of colors and textures, and technological advancements have resulted in excellent performance properties.
- Custom color options (high / low gloss, metallic and clear finishes)
- Texture selection – smooth and rough textures to hide surface imperfections
- Durability – extends product life by providing excellent resistance to corrosion, rust, fading, high / low temperature extremes and is chip / scratch resistant
- Environmentally friendly – emits no VOCS and eliminates recycling
- Superior protection compared to standard paint finishes
- Pick up and delivery available
- Powder Coating and Sandblasting services
- Ability to powder coat and sandblast parts up to 30 ft. in length
- Free quotes, samples and product assessment
- Competitive pricing and fast turn around
- Experienced staff servicing commercial and private customers
Thousands of powder coating colors and textures to choose from including:
- Glossy, metallic, clears, flats, veins, hammer tones and more!
- Super durable and marine grade powders available
- Custom colors available at an additional charge
Depending on the application, powders are available in polyester, epoxy, and hybrid formulations. Primers are available as needed.